June 19, 2011

Summer Refreshment



I have been on the hunt for a drink dispenser for a while but don't really care for the usual ones around. Then I spied this beauty, via NapaStyle.








I love that it is large and has the cork-like top. This would make a unique wedding or house warming gift.



Need a recipe to fill it, try this one.




Airmail Punch (via InStyle July 2011, via Jim Meehan, manager of a bar in NYC - thus making it automatically cool, right?)




This recipe serves 8, so you will probably want to at least double it to half-way fill the above container.




1 bottle of champagne

1 1/4 cups of white rum

2/3 cups fresh lime juice

1 3/4 cups honey water*


Add all ingredients to a container and serve over ice




*Honey Water

1 3/4 cups water

3/4 cup clover honey (local preferred)


Bring water to a boil, then turn off heat and add honey. Stir until honey dissolves. Chill before adding to punch.


Enjoy and don't forget to invite me over too!




2 comments:

Teresa at Splendid Sass said...

Love it! I am going to try the recipe!
Teresa
xoxo

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Thank you for sharing the unique and lovely punch holder. I too love the cork top. And the recipe has me intrigued - honey water! Never heard of it, but now I want to try the recipe even more. :)

Thank you for stopping by the blog. I hope you have a great conference, and I think you enjoy Bethenny's DVD. I too get a kick out her and this workout keeps it real, but challenges you if you choose to ramp it up. Have a great week. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails