March 16, 2011

Clearing Out


This page from the latest Redbook magazine caught my eye the other day. Wouldn’t we all love to have a linen closet this organized? The key to achieving this look is to keep just the essentials in there. Do we really need 14 sets of sheets? How many extra towels do you need – do you keep some stashed in the bathroom as well?


My linen closet is more of a “linen stack hallway” of sorts. I have numerous sets of sheets – which I only use when I need to cover something up in the attic. What about all those dish towels, they have been stashed away in there since we moved in, do I really need to hang on to them? How many pillows and comforters do I really need to hang on to?

I must admit that I do stock up on paper products – toilet tissue, Kleenex and paper towels – from our local wholesale club. However this picture shows that you can still keep all those rolls and boxes organized.

I really like how those clear plastic bins corral all those extra toiletries and such. Again, where can I petition to get a Container Store in my state?!?!?

On a related side note, I have been on a cleaning-out kick as of late. I try to go through a cabinet or drawer each day and get rid of (either trash or donate) at least 3 things. When was the last time you went through your medicine cabinet or your junk drawer?

I also have been combing through my closet, creating a large donation box of items for the next agency that calls and offers a pickup. Now that the change of seasons is upon us what better time to look through your clothes and ask yourself if you wore each item over the past 6 months. If the answer is no then donate.

3 comments:

Splendid Sass said...

I have tried, and I can't throw away linens. Wish my linen closet was this neat.
Thank you for sharing.
Teresa
xoxo

Lena said...

Look at you being super productive! When my sitter gets back from spring break, I plan to do some cleaning out too! Did the Vet person call you? They've called twice this week...guess they're going to have a truck in the neighborhood on Friday to pick up donations. I've got the number on my caller id if you need it.

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

I can't believe The Container Store isn't in Oklahoma yet. That must be addressed. :)

You sound like me. I tackled my pantry this last weekend as I got into the spring cleaning mode. While it was work, it sure felt great afterwards.

Thank you Carrie for commenting on the blog redesign. I value your feedback and truly appreciate it.

I hope your week is going well. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails