January 10, 2011

Overhaul Your Outlook


Although I don’t normally prescribe to New Year’s resolutions, I wanted to share another inspiring snippit from Wholeliving. This list really hit home with me, as I already do some of these things and others I need to work on.

My view from the spa terrace in Arizona last weekend

Boost your mental energy by creating conditions that help you get the best out of yourself – every day.

Day 1: Rethink your to-do list so that you spend your energy and attention on what matters most.
{I have a to-do list app on my iPhone that I am using more and more, now I just need to prioritize}

Day 2: Before the morning rush, do one thing that feels good – stretch, walk, go outside.
{As long as the weather is decent I love going for a walk outside first thing in the morning when all things are still}

Day 3: Visualize yourself doing work you love.
{Working on this}

Day 4: Take a 15-minute break in the middle of the day; leave your desk and walk instead of web surfing.
{Ah, a break from the computer, something else I need to work on}

Day 5: Set a date to spend time with a friend who energizes you.
{Keep friends that inspire you, the others are an energy drain}

Day 6: Give something to two people today – whether it’s a cup of coffee, a hug or a compliment.
{I like to think I am pretty generous}

Day 7: At the end of the day, reflect on what you accomplished, not on what you should have done.
{I love the sense of accomplishment at the end of the day}


1 comment:

Teresa at Splendid Sass said...

Thanks for te tips. SO true.
Teresa
xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails