November 10, 2010

Find Your Happy


The other night at our Junior League meeting we had a little ice breaker where we wrote down things that make us happy and then had to find our match with somebody else in the room. This was very thought provoking on my part because I don’t know that I necessarily have favorites, but I gave it a shot. Below is my list that I wanted to share with you. What is your happy?

What COLOR makes you happy? I don’t know that I have a particular color that makes me happy, but usually when I see things that are pink they bring a smile to my face.


What FOOD makes you happy? I put wine down for this answer, but everyone told me that wasn’t a food. Boo hiss! So my next choice would be a piece of toast with creamy peanut butter on top. I love the way the peanut butter melts into a gooey mess on the bread.

What TV SHOW makes you happy? Any show that makes me laugh makes me happy. These days I have been hooked on reruns of King of Queens. The characters on the show hit close to home and Doug just cracks me up.


What BOOK makes you happy? After the events of 9-11 I heard about a book called Love, Greg and Lauren. Lauren was severely burned in one of the towers and was given little chance of survival. The book chronicles emails her husband Greg wrote to friends and family on Lauren’s status. What I loved about the book was the courage and love the husband had. This is one of those books you will want to read again.

What SONG makes you happy? If I had to narrow down my love of music to one song that makes me happy I would pick Summertime by Wil Smith (known back then as DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince). Everytime I hear that song it brings me back to my high school days where I didn’t have a worry in the world.

What HOLIDAY makes you happy? Christmas time makes me happy, my favorite part is buying gifts for loved ones. I don’t just buy gifts to have something to give, I really put a lot of thought into what I buy, making sure each gift fits its recipient. I also love the chance to drag out all my decorations and bring cheer to my home.


What SMELL makes you happy? Anything that smells like the beach makes me happy. No question about it.

What WEATHER makes you happy? The sun has such a huge impact on my mood. When its out I can’t help be happy and when it is hiding behind clouds so is my smile.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails