November 1, 2010

Bootcamp

I don’t think I have mentioned much lately about my latest fitness routine. For the past month and a half I have been doing a bootcamp three days a week at 5:30 in the morning. Yes it is early but it is worth it, ensures I get my workout done for the day before meetings and excuses creep into my schedule. I really like the classes, mainly because I don’t have to think about what exercise I need to do, the instructor leads us from one move to the next, for an hour straight.

This morning our workout consisted of using pumpkins for various exercises. At first I thought no problem, but after a half hour my pumpkin felt like it weighed 20 pounds and by the end of the hour my shoulders were crying for mercy. Another bonus for the camp is that I really like our instructor, she always has new workouts planned for us and keeps us on our toes. She also uses all kinds of new techniques like ropes and slosh tubes that are incorporated into functional training.


If you are local to Norman and want to shake up your workouts I definitely suggest giving this camp a try, you won’t be disappointed.

1 comment:

Splendid Sass said...

You go girl! Wish I had that motivation. I start on my workouts today. Have dreaded it, but need to get busy!
Have a great week, Carrie.
Teresa

Related Posts with Thumbnails