September 29, 2010

Time to Say Goodbye

Hi friends, you still out there? Sorry that I have been MIA as of late, just a lot of new things going on and I am still working on finding a good balance of my free time.


Well I have some kind of sad news, I am selling my scooter. About a month ago it hit me that with my new venture in real estate and the fact I have to be presentable at all times in case I need to meet with a client, the scoot doesn't always lend itself to fit my needs. I am not saying I have to wear heels or a skirt every day but let's face it, the windblown look only gets you so far. Plus I feel like I am getting too old for the scoot. I am not saying 35 is old by any means, but one day I was riding to work and passed the middle school kids at the bus stop and I just got this feeling they were laughing at the "old lady on the scooter". I mean really, am I going to be 40 years old and still riding a scooter? I just don't see it. You can feel free to disagree but I just think it is time to say goodbye, it was a great ride.

2 comments:

Splendid Sass said...

Funny! I don't think you are too old, but winter isn't the time to ride one. We ride then at the beach, and for gas mileage they are great.
Good luck on your real estate venture.
Have a nice day.
Teresa

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Completely understand why you had to let it go, but the beautiful thought is knowing you had a red scooter. It still makes me smile knowing this. It says so many lovely things about you. :)

Also, loved the photo of Dink. Too cute. :) Have a great Wednesday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails