August 17, 2010

Office Space


A good friend of mine (whom I often times refer to as my "boss") is setting up a new office space to conduct business. Although he didn't specifically ask, I thought I would put together a little bit of inspiration for the space.

The walls are a nice camel color, there is only one window in the space and the overhead lights are typical florescent. With these factors in mind I want to make sure the office doesn't get too stuffy. The requirements for the area are a conference table large enough to review large drawings, a personal desk, shelving/storage and a small seating area.

Luckily my boss already has great chairs to go around the conference table, they look something along the lines of these chairs - upholstered dining chairs.







There will also be a rug in the office similar to this - or at least this is what I recall it looking like from an iPhone picture.





He also has a nice wood console cabinet that will be perfect for storage and displaying items on top. To go along with this item I found a few pieces I think would complement the space.

I love this Sawhorse desk from Ballard Designs.





For something a little more formal this one from Horchow would work (the top is all black, not reddish like in the picture).





As far as a conference table goes this one from Horchow would make a great statement, but might be too bold for the space.




This table from CB2 adds a little more modern flare.




I like the idea of this glass top table from Crate & Barrel, which would open up the space a bit.




Of course we will have a little seating area and a beverage center for clients. I am also hoping a nice bar cart makes its way into the office too, but that might be a bit far stretched at the moment. Perhaps I will post again with updates.

1 comment:

Teresa Hatfield said...

Love the larger table from Horchow. WIll look great with the details you have presented here!
Teresa

Related Posts with Thumbnails