August 12, 2010

My Wasp

I can't believe I have had this blog for x amount of months and very rarely mention my scoot. Yes, I have a very cool red Vespa (which means 'wasp' in Italian) and I ride it as much as possible.

I am very fortunate to live close to my work office, I don't even have to get on the interstate. For years I had been telling my husband that I wanted a scooter - my stepmom had one forever and I always loved riding it. A few years ago, right when gas started to skyrocket, my wish finally came true.

I figured I would get a cheap little scoot to tool around town on but no, my husband said if I am going to get one I might as well get the best, so off to the Vespa dealer we went. My scoot has 250 cc's, goes over 80 mph and gets about 70 miles per gallon, in case you were wondering. I came across an informative article from the LA Times that I want to share as well.





Now if only I could look this chic riding my scoot. I do have a whole wardrobe dedicated as "scoot wear", shoes, pants, jackets, gloves, you name it. However, I would like to note that I have yet to wear a dress or skirt while on it, but I have been known to wear wedge sandals on a ride.


1 comment:

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

How fun! And red, I love it! Enjoy your evening tonight with the concert. Sounds like an amazing time.

Thanks again Carrie for your genuine interest in the newsletter. This is truly very appreciated. And it looks like in just a few weeks you will be the spotlighted reader. I apologize that it has taken this long. But as soon as I know you're in it, I will let you know.

Take care and have a great weekend. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails