August 2, 2010

In Focus

Hello my friends. I am more than ready for the week ahead, lots of things on my to do lists. With that in mind I need to stay focused on tasks at hand. How about you guys, is your summer winding down, kids getting ready to go back to school?


I must say that I have been savoring each and every weekend this summer. This past weekend I had a lovely dinner at a friends house and tried a new flourless chocolate cake recipe. I also made some not-so-bad-for-you cookies that I thought tasted just like those Samoa Girl Scout Cookies. Sunday I cooked up some lentils for a delish salad to munch on throughout the week.


Okay, I am off to crack down and get things down. Here is the cookie recipe that I made and don't get scared by the dates either.
Coconut Date Cookies

1 cup pitted dates, roughly chopped (approximately 15-20 whole dates)
1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup shredded coconut (I used the sweetened baking kind)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup almond milk

1. Put all ingredients in a blender/food processor, and blend well until there are no large date pieces.
2. Portion mixture into 1 inch balls, place on greased cookie sheet, and flatten with the back of a spoon/spatula.
3. Cook for 10-12 minutes on 350 degrees.
4. Remove from oven and cool on cookie rack.
5. Once cookies are cool, melt 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave. Using a fork dipped in the melted chocolate, drizzle on top of cookies.


3 comments:

Teresa Hatfield said...

Yuuuum...looks wonderful! I will have to try your recipe.
Teresa (Splendid Sass)

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Am curious - how was the flourless cake recipe? I have read Mirielle book a few times and am always curious to try that particular recipe, but haven't done it yet.

Sounds like a very nice weekend. I have a feeling your week will be very successful and enjoyable as well. =)

Shelley Rowland said...

pretty kitchen!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails