July 23, 2010

Statement Piece

I warn you now, this post is very self serving in that I hope it makes my friend Shelley plan her Stella&Dot party stat! An email from Stella&Dot popped in my inbox last week showcasing their latest collection and I stopped dead in my tracks at the Ivory Maltese Cuff.




Coco Chanel ignited the cuff craze in 1937 when she began wearing Verdura’s version. Today, brands from Balenciaga to Stella&Dot are still getting into the wrist action. And ever since I spotted a picture of Coco sporting her Verdura cuffs I have been intrigued by all jewel encrusted cuffs.




These are the actual Verdura cuffs that were made for Coco Chanel which she wore often.








Another beautiful piece that has caught my eye is the Limited Edition Kara Ross for Tory Burch Evil Eye cuff.



And just in case you need a little more reinforcement, here is a good article from Marie Claire on cuffs.




So what do you think, will I see you wearing a statement piece like this anytime soon?

5 comments:

Shelley Rowland said...

I will surely pick up a few for me and Pres to sport!!
You know she takes over everything. Only 2 and already a stellar fashion sense. What a Diva!!

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

I have been falling in love with cuffs as well most recently, however, I had not realized Miss Chanel was the lady to thank for beginning this trend so to speak. Thanks for the lesson. =)

So yes, you will be seeing me in cuffs as soon as I find the right one. =)

Enjoy your weekend.

Teresa Hatfield said...

Thank you for stopping by, Carrie. Thank you also for the sweet compliment! I love your blog!

Teresa Hatfield said...

Thank you for stopping by, Carrie. Thank you also for the sweet compliment! I love your blog!

Café Bellini said...

I don't own any (yet) but I think they're pretty - such statement pieces!

Related Posts with Thumbnails