April 30, 2010

Working Out

I have been meaning to post on this for a while but wanted to wait a bit to give a credible review. A few months back I heard about the Brazil Butt Lift DVD series from my friend Franki. Since I believe she has great taste, plus the ladies here raved about the series, I figured I would give them a shot.


I must say I now have a love/hate relationship with the Bum Bum workout. This workout is 30 minutes of nonstop lunges, squats and various leg/butt exercises. I love it because I definitely feel the burn and I hate it for the same reason. This workout, produced by Beachbody (also known for their P90 and Turbo Jam series), is great that it has a timer at the bottom of the screen letting you know how much time you have left on a particular exercise and overall time left in the video. Ten minutes into this workout I am praying for the cool down to hurry up and get here. By the time I am done with this workout my butt and legs are exhausted and I am dripping with sweat. This is supposed to be a butt workout but I also count it as cardio since it gets my heart pumping.


There are other DVDs included in this series, my next favorite being the High & Tight, a standing and mat based workout for the butt/legs. I also keep the Tummy Tuck (abs) workout in my rotation.


Right now I am trying to run 3 mornings during the week and at least once on the weekend. I try to do the Bum Bum workout at least once a week if not more. I am also back to regular old fashioned lifting weights. I am hoping between the running, weights, Zumba here and there and Leandro's workouts I can drop a few pounds. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails