January 15, 2010

Who's Zumba Who?

Once again I have been living under a rock and just recently tried out the latest fitness craze that is Zumba. I took a little intro class the other night, only 8 songs, and by the end I had worked up a sweat and laughed my butt off the whole time.



For those not familiar with Zumba here is a description from their official website:

The Zumba® program fuses hypnotic Latin rhythms and easy-to-follow moves to create a one-of-a-kind fitness program that will blow you away. Our goal is simple: We want you to want to work out, to love working out, to get hooked. Zumba® Fanatics achieve long-term benefits while experiencing an absolute blast in one exciting hour of calorie-burning, body-energizing, awe-inspiring movements meant to engage and captivate for life!
The routines feature interval training sessions where fast and slow rhythms and resistance training are combined to tone and sculpt your body while burning fat. Add some Latin flavor and international zest into the mix and you've got a Zumba® class!
In the past years, the Zumba® program has become nothing short of a revolution, spreading like wildfire, and positioning itself as the single most influential movement in the industry of fitness.
As of July 2009, the Zumba® program is being taught at over 40,000 locations in 75 countries, has sold millions of DVDs, and has changed the lives of Zumba® Fanatics worldwide with an astonishing five million participants taking Zumba classes every week.






Anybody that has seen me dance before totally knows that I am that white girl who thinks she can dance. With that said, I love music and love to dance and totally loved the little taste I got of Zumba. The songs we danced to were both hip-hop and Latin and were easy to get into the groove. The moral of the story is try Zumba, even if you think you can't dance give it a shot. You will get a workout just trying! I am now on the hunt for a good studio to take regular classes. Here is a good article worth reading from the NYT on Zumba.

And for those of you looking for a little more fashion inspiration, be sure to check out Erin's post today over at EOS. Also check out Valerie's post at Society Stylist.

1 comment:

Krys said...

Dude! This is the class I wanted you to take with me! Now I don't have a workout buddy, I miss you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails