January 19, 2010

Thank the Lord, Blame the Husband

Yesterday I had the day off, thank you MLK, so my friend and I decided to take a little road trip up to Tulsa to shop at Whole Foods. Yes, that's how we roll around here. Since we don't have a WF here in Norman or Oklahoma City we road trip. And yes, our husbands think we are nuts to drive and hour and 15 minutes to go to a "grocery store". They just don't understand.

My husband programmed my Garmin to the address and off we went. After about an hour of driving we turned on to some country highway and started asking ourselves where the heck we were. The only thing I could think was that my husband programmed the Garmin to avoid toll roads, because normally we take the turnpike to Tulsa. Next thing I know I look in my rear view mirror and see red flashing lights zooming towards me. Crap! I pull over, the cop comes up to the car and asks where we were going. I am sure he was amused to learn we were driving from Norman to go to a grocery store. He asked if I knew what the speed limit was and I told him I had no idea where we were let alone what the speed limit was. He then informed me I was going 81 in a 65 mph zone. Oopsie! We were literally in the middle of the country and just going with the flow. Guess that is what I get for having the little red car. So he takes my license and comes back a few minutes later. Double crappers! He then hands me this leather bound book with his initials branded in them and tells me to open it and read it. I thought it was a bible or something or that the all-of-23 years old officer was going to make me recite the law. Much to my amazement he gave me a warning and wished us a safe drive. You know I was totally going to blame my husband if I got a ticket. Long story short we took the turnpike home.




And thanks to my dear friend Krys she now has me hooked on this Pirate's Booty goodness. I stocked up on these at the "grocery store".

1 comment:

Krys said...

Hehehe...I'm evil! Love Love Love it!!!

Glad you liked 'um. We always have at least two bags in our pantry and with the store across the street, we'll never run out.

xoxoxo
Krys

Related Posts with Thumbnails